Friday, November 30, 2012

Letter from England

Letter to the Wellington Council


November 30th 2012
Dear Sirs

I have been coming to Wellington every year since 1982. I work for equestrian magazines in 20 different countries and illustrate most of the coffee books that you see on the book shelves.

When I first came, the jumping was in the polo stadium, a small affair.  Wellington has moved forward dramatically now, being one of the top two or three places in the world for equestrian sports.  The income for tourism and all local traders when Wellington is descended upon from riders all over the world must be massive and for people to take out law suits to try and stop the international events going ahead in my opinion is small minded and disgusting.  Would this happen if this was american football or basketball?  This is sport we are talking about, which needs all the help it can get.

If there is anything I can do to help please let me know.

Kind regards

Bob Langrish MBE
Equestrian Photographer

The Court House

High Street

Bisley
Gloucestershire GL6 7AA
England

No comments:

Post a Comment